Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Connection, and Loss

I connected again with an old girlfriend today. A girlfriend, from so long ago that "girlfriend" meant little more than mutual crush. She seems to be doing well, married with two kids.

I'm still coming to grips with the fact that children don't seem to be in the cards for me. Sometimes it seems that life is really just the process of coming to grips with loss. Loss of relationships, loss of people, loss of dreams we once held precious; all these things we lose. I suppose we could choose to view this in some sense of personal evolvement, that we are being stripped down to our essence, to the things that truly matter. Or, in the attitude I have increasingly taken as I grow older, it doesn't "mean" anything. It's just what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment